Thursday, January 9, 2014

Green Sauce (with enchiladas)


Enchiladas aren't really the prettiest of meals so prepare for some not-so-fantastic photos.

I recently made some of my fresh tomatillo salsa--using jalapenos this go-round.  I had more produce than I needed so a few days later I decided I wanted some enchiladas verde.

Broil the following with just a spray of oil:

3 Tomatillos, husked, rinsed, chopped in half or quartered
1/2 Onion, quartered
2 Jalapenos, stem removed
2-3 cloves of garlic

You want some char and for everything to soften up a bit.  It won't take long.

Throw everything into a food processor.  Add the juice from at least one lime (more to taste, I like a lot of lime sometimes) along with a bit of zest.  Pulse in a handful of cilantro and a tablespoon of apricot jam.  Salt to taste.


I couldn't quite decide what kind of enchiladas I wanted so I ended up making three different kinds, as seen above--all with a bit of Teese Vegan Mozzarella Cheese.  I had mashed potato, black bean, and sauteed arugula/mushroom.

To help with messiness I don't always dip my tortillas in the sauce.  Instead I cover the bottom of my pan with sauce and then surround each enchilada with sauce as I place it on the pan.  Then cover the entire thing.


Bake at 350 until set.



No comments:

Post a Comment