Thursday, June 6, 2013

Gluten Free Dairy Free Mushroom Ravioli in a Sage Brown "Butter" Sauce with Peas


While I greatly enjoy corn pasta, I recently had a great craving for ravioli.  Finding a ravioli that is gluten/dairy-free and vegetarian is more than a little difficult so making my own turned into the best option.  I decided to combine a few recipes I saw online and came up with a new favorite.


I quickly mixed up the gluten-free pasta recipe from King Arthur Flour and was satisfied with the result.  I'll roll it out a bit thinner next time.  I but the pasta into squares for my ravioli and any excess into noodles (I had these the next day with some homemade pesto).



While the pasta dough rested I started on my filling.  The wild mushroom ravioli I'd seen recently on the Vegetarian Times website looked promising so I mixed that up.  


After lots of chopping and a little cooking, I ended up with this.


At this point I started making my raviolis.  I used a little water and a fork to seal my edges and kept them in the fridge until supper time.


Boil your raviolis until they begin to float--fresh pasta cooks quite quickly.  Toss a few frozen peas in near the end of cooking.  Drain and add to the sauce you've been working on.

For a vegan brown butter sauce, heat equal parts extra virgin olive oil and earth balance over low to medium heat.  Add a few chopped sage leaves and wait for the "butter" to brown a bit.  Add some salt and pepper to taste.  Add your pasta and peas and coat well.  Plate and garnish with fresh sage and vegan parmesan.


No comments:

Post a Comment