Monday, June 3, 2013

Gluten and Dairy Free Blueberry Orange Muffins

Blueberry muffins are a favorite of mine and finding a tasty version I can enjoy has been an ongoing task.  I've reached happiness.  The orange really makes these and I can see changing these with cranberries instead of blueberries, lemon instead of orange, etc.  I think applesauce would work great in these as egg replacement if you're looking for a vegan recipe.

Preheat your oven to 375

Mix together:
2 cups gf flour mix (I use King Arthur)
3/4 cup sugar
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp xanthan gum
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 cup earth balance
1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
2 large eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups blueberries
zest of one whole orange
juice from half of that orange

Bake for 20 minutes in muffin tins using either a coating of oil or liners.

Enjoy!




No comments:

Post a Comment