Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Creamy Mushroom Soup


Still thrilled at having been a part of the latest Virtual Vegan Potluck, tonight I tried my hand at one of the contributed recipes: Sprouts and Chocolate's Creamy Mushroom Soup.  The recipe uses potatoes and cauliflower to thicken the soup- it really ends up quite creamy once blended.

I used cremini instead of white button mushrooms and added a bit of cayenne to the soup.  In addition to the fried mushrooms topping, I sprinkled chives and drizzled Bordeaux (Port would be even better) on top.

I give it a big thumbs up!

Now to decide which recipe to try next...

2 comments:

  1. Love the wine on top! Beautiful not to mention very classy! Thank you so much for trying my recipe and posting your variation on it. Will have to try your version next time I make it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I enjoyed this quite a bit. I love adding heat to everything and remember a local place that did the wine drizzle. Both really warm it up for me.

      Delete